Land and Development
Why instruct our Land & Development lawyers?
We pride ourselves on a dynamic, collaborative and proactive approach to Land and Development transactions, whether in our capacity as acting for developers, landowners, land promoters, investors, or builders. We understand the need to fulfil commercial and strategic ambitions in a timely fashion, with involvement at the earliest stage possible.
We are ‘dealmakers’ and offer a comprehensive start-to-finish service, with an experienced team on hand to facilitate the structuring of any given transaction in an innovative manner.
All of our lawyers are relationship-focused individuals that avoid using legal jargon. We pride ourselves on our modern approach, approachability, and responsiveness.
Our team are highly experienced, professional and pragmatic
Our Land & Development department has expertise in all aspects of residential and commercial development, to include but not limited to the following:
- Residential and commercial plot sales
- Site set-up for freehold and leasehold plots
- Site acquisition and disposal
- Option agreements
- Development and strategic land agreements
- Overage agreements
- Section 106 Agreements
- Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL)
- Building agreements
- Collateral warranties
- Deeds of Easement
- Setting up management companies
- Development finance and other funding streams
- Conditional contracts
- Joint venture agreements
We build long standing relationships and get the job done
Our experience includes:
- Sale of a former residential site with the benefit of a bespoke award-nominated planning permission to construct care accommodation at a sale price of £5.5 million.
- Various mezzanine finance facilities for developers, some of which were in excess of £10 million.
- The creation of a bespoke building agreement for an award-winning local developer specialising in the design and development of some of the best new properties in the south of England.
- Acting for a well-established London based developer in respect of various development sites, to include an iconic development in a suburb on the southern edge of London comprising contemporary one, two and three bed apartments.
- Various Help-To-Buy development schemes, to include advice in relation to the Help-to-Buy Agreement and site set-up for the subsequent plot sales.
- Acting on behalf of an award-winning local developer in the acquisition and disposal of various development sites with multi-million-pound GDVs.
- Portfolio refinances for investor clients in excess of £10 million.
- Acting for a Salisbury based landowner in respect of an option agreement for the development of over 500 homes.
- Advising on promotion agreements for 100+ home residential developments.
- Advising on a joint venture agreement for the development of a mixed use site involving listed buildings.
Whatever your goal, whatever the size and scope of your project, our highly experienced, pragmatic team are here to support you, advise you and get the job done. Please click here to contact us today to arrange your initial appointment.
"We work with Tim Hotchkiss on many of our property transactions covering acquisition, sale and build agreements. Tim’s attention to detail, thoroughness and readiness to complete a task has always kept us coming back for more and we see Awdry Bailey & Douglas LLP as a very important part of our team"
"Tim has represented me for several years on a variety of development projects including acquisitions, funding, resales as well as more complex matters such as restrictive covenants and stamp duty reliefs. Tim is efficient, prompt and diligent and demonstrates excellent technical expertise and a sense of urgency when dealing with issues. The advice he offers has often proved to be invaluable. I have no hesitation in recommending Tim and his team."